by Haya Luftig
August 16, 2017
JCPA encourages the network to meet with their congressional members while they are in their district offices during the month of August. JCPA’s toolkit, provides background on policy priorities, talking points, and tips for a successful meeting. Our key messages to Congress:
- Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Federal Budget – FY 2018 budget must protect our most vulnerable by maintaining adequate funding for anti-poverty programs; humanitarian aid and foreign assistance; environmental protection; and refugee resettlement.
- Immigration – Support refugee resettlement cap of at least 75,000, which is already insufficient, especially given the severity of the refugee crises.
- Health Care – Work on a bipartisan health care solution that lowers costs, maintains coverage standards, protects Medicaid, and expands access to affordable care.
- Separation of Church and State – Uphold the existing law prohibiting tax-exempt religious nonprofits from endorsing or opposing candidates for public office.
- Israel – Support legislation that opposes the delegitimization of Israel.