May 31, 2018
- Call Members of Congress: Click here to be connected to your 2 Senators and 1 Representative.
- Here’s an example of what to say: “I’m your constituent from [CITY/TOWN], and [as a person of faith], I urge you to support policies that protect and unite immigrant and refugee families. The administration is detaining and prosecuting parents, and forcibly separating them from their children. I call on you to do everything in your power to stop family separation. Congress should increase oversight over the Department of Homeland Security and urge them to end unjust policies. Congress should cut funding for harmful immigration enforcement that separates families. I value the sanctity of the family and believe Congress should act to bring families together, not keep them apart.”
- Attend or Organize a Local Event: Click here to find events near you or to register your event.
- Amplify on Social Media: Click here for sample social media posts.
- Write Opinion Editorials for Local Media Outlets: Click here for a template op-ed.
- Sign the Petition: Click here to sign the petition and demand that families belong together.
For more resources on how to take action, please click here for a National Day of Action for Children toolkit.