Ensuring a thriving democracy, voting rights, election education, and civic engagement has been bread and butter work of JCPA and the community relations field for decades. The COVID-19 pandemic has altered almost every aspect of the way we live and work, including how we vote this election. This past April, the JCPA Delegates Assembly passed a resolution on ensuring safe, accessible, and fair elections during COVID-19. Over the course of the last six months, JCPA has been working to meet this goal.
- JCPA closed on election day. JCPA has joined with over 30 Jewish organizations to close our offices on election day to ensure our staff can vote and participate in volunteer activities in their communities.
- JCPA Reiterates Civility Statement and Condemnation of White Supremacy. To read the statement, click here.
- Faithful Democracy 2020: Restoring the Voters Covenant Click here to read the Covenant.
- Interfaith letter from faith letters that was sent to every Congressional office on integrity, safety, and fairness in the 2020 election. Click here to read the letter.
- JCPA organized a “A Jewish Statement on Elections and Democratic Principles” from 90 of our national agencies and JCRCs and Federations. Click here to read the statement.
- JCPA’s statement on Elections on Democratic Principles. Click here to read.
- Election Day planning and fighting disinformation. Click here to read.
- 2020 Candidate and Voter Engagement Guide
- 2020 Nonpartisan “Get Out the Vote” Resource Guide
- Strategies for Nonpartisan Voter Engagement, Nonprofit Vote PPT
- NTEC free and fair election checklist
- National Taskforce on Election Crises,
- Roadmap to a Free and Fair 2020 General Election (short)
- The ECA and the Process of Electing a New President (in depth)
- Faith in Public Life and Over Zero training on preventing violence
- Democracy Fund Voice call on partnership opportunities for religious leaders
- Bolder Advocacy’s Do’s and Don’ts for weighing in on Supreme Court nominations
- Democracy for President: How Do I Talk About Violence and the Election?
- RAC: Every Voice, Every Vote
- RAC Webinar on Election Security Webinar With Faith Leaders. Click here to watch.
- JCPA Webinar: The Jewish Case for Voting and Civic Engagement. Click here to watch.
- As a member of the Faithful Democracy Coalition, JCPA cosponsored a town hall on how the faith community is ensuring the 2020 elections are safe and fair despite COVID-19 and what people of faith can do to help. Click here to watch.
Public Policy Advocacy
- Since March, JCPA has consistently weighed in with Congress along with the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights’ Voting Rights Task Force, of which JCPA is an active member. The Voting Rights Task Force is the primary voting rights coalition.
- JCPA issued an action alert urging Congress to provide at least $4 billion in funding to states and counties to administer the 2020 elections during the COVID-19 crisis. More than 550 people sent in messages to their Members of Congress. Click here to see the action alert.
- In May, JCPA cosponsored and promoted a National Council of Jewish Women and AEPhi #VoteSafe Digital Lobby Day to urge federal lawmakers to provide $4 billion in state elections assistance. Click here to watch the opening program.
- In July, JCPA and ADL released a “Joint Jewish Communal Letter to the United States Senate Regarding Safe, Fair and Accessible Elections During COVID-19” signed by 147 other Jewish organizations. The letter called for the inclusion of election and voter safety protections and access in the fourth COVID-19 stimulus package. Click here to read the full letter.
JCPA’s #EveryVoteCounts Social Media Campaign
Share these videos on your social media platforms.
Who Runs Our Elections?
Life of a Ballot
Speed of Counting Ballots