Israel is considering implementing an application of sovereignty or annexation over parts of the West Bank that could take place as early as July 1. JCPA, in coordination, with the Israel Action Network, has put together a task force to assist JCRC directors and chairs in responding to this concern locally. JCPA has compiled articles, webinars, and studies on the issue to assist you. For information on study materials from various viewpoints or how to vet the issue locally, contact JCPAinfo@thejcpa.org.
ARTICLES ON DIFFERENT VIEWPOINTS
- We Must Stop Pursuing a Two State Illusion and Commit to a Realistic Two-State Solution, an oped by Ron Dermer, Israeli Ambassador to the United States. To read click here.
- Ramifications of West Bank Annexation: Security and Beyond, Commanders of Israel’s Security. To read click here.
- Wrestling with Annexation: The Elusive Search for a Policy Rationale, by Rob Satloff, the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. To read, click here.
- Phased Territorial Implementation of the Trump Peace Plan, Jerusalem Institute for Security and Strategy. To read, click here.
- A packet of preparation materials produced by the JCRC of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Chicago. In this document you will find some background materials, and links to 6 articles (with executive summaries). The 6 articles are made up of three in favor of Israeli action and three opposed. To read, click here.
WEBINARS AND PODCASTS
Webinars with Diverse View Points
- Annexation: Will Israel apply sovereignty to areas of the West Bank, and what repercussions can we expect? JFNA/JCPA
- Implications of Annexation in the US-Israel Relationship, Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington DC
- Increasing Sovereignty over areas in the West Bank: An Israeli Perspective, JCPA/IAN
- Scenarios of Government and Civil Society Responses to Israeli Annexation of the West Bank: A US Perspective, JCPA/IAN
- What Does the Israeli Annexation Plan Mean for North Americans?,Shalom Hartman Institute Podcast
Israel Policy Forum
- Israelis and Palestinians React to Annexation
- Israel’s Security Establishment Prepares for Annexation
- The International Angle – Potential Ramifications of West Bank Annexation
- Annexation in the Dark
ARTICLES, OP-EDS, AND REPORTS
- The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Wrestling with Annexation-The Elusive Search for a Policy Rationale by Robert Satloff
- On Annexation, Netanyahu Must Choose a Lasting Legacy by David Makovsky and Dennis Ross
- Mapping West Bank Annexation: Territorial and Political Uncertainties, David Makovsky with Basia Rosenbaum and Lauren Morganbesser
- The Century Foundation
- The Global Problem with Israeli Annexation by Dahlia Scheindlin
- Stand With Us
- The New York Times On Annexation, a Green Light Turns Yellow, Pompeo’s Visit to Israel Signals, David M. Halbfinger and Lara Jakes
- The Israel Democracy Institute, – Israeli Voice Index: Over Half of Jewish Israelis Support Annexation Prof. Tamar Hermann and Dr. Or Anabi
- AIPAC: Annexation Should Not Change U.S.-Israel Relationship – by Amir Tibon
- Still No Consensus With U.S. on West Bank Annexations, Israeli Minister Says
- Preventing Israeli Annexation ‘A Matter of Priority,’ German, Jordanian FMs Declare by Noa Landau
- Palestinian President Abbas Declares End to Agreements With Israel, U.S.
- UAE Ambassador to U.S. Addresses Israeli Public, Warns Annexation Risks Ties With Arab Countries
- The Hill – The Israeli Consensus of Annexation Can Break the Peace Deadlock by Gregg Roman
- The Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies – The Jordan Valley Annexation Dilemma: A Realistic Approach – by Col (Res.) Dr. Raphael G. Bouchnik-Chen
- The Times of Israel
- Democrats’ Stand on Annexation Poses a Dilemma for Israel – by Daniel B. Shapiro and Rotem Oreg
- A plea to Gantz, Ashkenazi: Israel and its friends need you to block annexation by Yossi Klein Halevi
- The Jewish Telegraphic Agency
- The Washington Post
- Ynet News – Annexation will be a serious setback for better relations with the Arab world by Yousef Al Otaiba
- Jerusalem Institute for Security and Strategy – Phased Territorial Implementation of the Trump Peace Plan by Col. (Res) Dr. Eran Lerman
KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY RELATIONS HISTORY
Review JCPA past resolutions on Israeli-Palestinian peace process to read messaging and nuance on how the community relations field has talked about and positioned itself on difficult issues in the past. To read JCPA’s resolutions on the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process click here.